Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On Again, Off Again... On Again

I've learned not to get excited when we hear hopeful news because things change so quickly around here. Our 22 year old female donor who had some issue with her physical last week, has now been cleared to donate. Jacob is scheduled to be admitted and begin his conditioning on Saturday, March 17th. This puts his actual transplant date on Friday, March 23rd. We are hoping it is only about a month long hospital stay, as opposed to the 3 1/2 months we had to spend in patient at CHLA last year. I hate living in a hospital.

I have very mixed emotions about the news. I was perfectly comfortable hanging out with Jacob in our little apartment. Now I have to worry about him night and day for the next year wondering if he will pull through and if the transplant will engraft. On the other hand, I'm glad that there is some hope to cure CGD and that he is well enough to be a candidate for it.

No comments: