Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day +8

I'm sad that Josh, Seth, and Cece are leaving tomorrow. We've had a lot of fun having Seth and Cece visit this weekend, and my sweet husband has spent every single night at the hospital for the past two weeks so that I could get a good night's sleep at our apartment. This will be my first time on my own since Jacob was admitted at Seattle Children's. Thankfully my mom will be here later in the week, so I'll only have to juggle it on my own for a few days.

Jacob continues to do well. I noticed several hairs stuck to his clothes today, and from previous experience, I know that means his hair is starting to fall out. Although that specific side effect is only cosmetic, it is a reminder of the trauma his body went through with his conditioning regimen, and for that reason, it makes my heart ache. Jacob continues to eat some each day and he seems happy. They took him off his morphine drip because he is not in pain. Jacob still has a lot of work to do with his legs. He wears out so quickly. The p.t.'s will continue to work with him. Jacob has been sleeping more than he used to. His body has been through so much and is working hard to rebuild.

Here's a picture of Jacob with his aunt and uncle.

No comments: