Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ethan and Jacob at the Fire Station

 
Last week I had the opportunity to take the boys to the Redlands Fire Station on a tour. It was fun to see all the trucks and gear up close. Ethan had a great time, but cried a bunch because he couldn't take away his buddy's toy fire truck. As you can see in some of the pictures, he did end up playing with the truck by the end of the tour. The firemen allowed the children to climb through the truck to get a photo taken as they came out the other side. I thought that would've been really cute, but Ethan just cried over the toy truck and said he didn't want to climb into the fire truck. After we got home from the tour he decided that he wanted to go back and climb in the fire truck. Too late, little guy! Ethan also cried when the fireman was teaching the children how to stop, drop, and roll. All the other kids had fun rolling on the floor, but when I nudged Ethan to get on the floor, he threw himself down all dramatically and started bawling. I think most moms would've been flustered or embarrassed, but I'm so used to Ethan's drama that I don't even feel embarrassed anymore. Even with the fireman and other moms looking at me wondering what happened to my kid, I just smile and wait for Ethan to get distracted and stop with his bawling.

No comments: